February 25, 2012

Salvation Stories


Rustic France

Last week we told you about what we had planned for our date night. We had a wonderful time together. Its been a long time since we felt like we had an AWESOME date night. The game was lots of fun, brought many laughs and great conversations. Here is a picture of how Iris decorated her table:

Today we thought we would share our salvation stories with our readers. Both of us got saved at a young age which is a real blessing. Hope you enjoy...


(Patrick)
"Growing up in a christian home I have heard the gospel many times. I wanted to be "saved" like many others as a young boy but did not really understand what needed to be done. I went to the alter many times but every time I'd prayed I thought I was forgetting one special word. When I was around 8 or 9 years old I finally understood that it was not what I was saying or doing but what Jesus did for me on the Cross. That time when I went down to the alter I accepted Christ into my heart."

(Iris)
"My mother and I were staying at a friends house one night when my mother asked me after devotions if I was sure that I was going to heaven. I answered that I did not know and she showed me a few verses in the Bible. I knew that I had been bad and that my sin would not let me go to heaven. I understood that the alternative would be hell and I did not want to go there. So on this brown/green couch in 1994 I prayed to Jesus to come into my heart because I wanted to go to heaven and not to hell. Since then I have been a child of God and it has been an amazing road to follow his guidance."

We would love to hear when you received Christ as your Savior!!! It is the best thing that can happen to anyone because only after we receive that gift, Jesus Christ, can we go to heaven. What a blessing it is to have a relationship with the God of the Universe and know that you are going to heaven when you die


We know that some of you read our updates from your email account but please visit our blog and see how we have changed it! And while you are here please leave us a comment and tell us what you think!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!