November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Today is a busy day at our house. Here in Germany we don't have the day off so we all are working and/ doing school today  BUT  we are still celebrating!!!! ☺ I think is kinda funny though...my family is German and the family we are celebrating with is German/ Australian but together we will have an American Thanksgiving. I am so looking forward to tonight: the food, the dessert and the fellowship. I might show a few pictures on Saturday!



To close off today's post I thought I would list some of the things I am thankful for. On my personal Facebook I have posted something I am thankful for every day. Here they are:

Day 1- I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ. Not only did he save me from an eternity in hell but continues to guide and comfort me in everyday life.

Day 2- For my awesome boy friend, Patrick. I am really enjoying spending time with him & seeing him every day without counting the days when we will be separated again.

Day 3- I am thankful for church family. It was great to work with them today on our churches workday. We got a lot done and had fun too! (Though I know my arms will be sore tomorrow ☺) 
**my arms were sore & was so tired I got a fever but after a good nights sleep I was good as new!**

Day 4- I am thankful for a God who is merciful and does not give us what we deserve.

Day 5- I am thankful for good godly music. ♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Day 6- I am thankful for food.
If you have ever stood in front of a fridge full of food & didn't know what to eat...we are blessed! Not everyone is blessed to have 3+ meals a day.

Day 7- I am thankful that God is still on his throne. One day he will return again and be the perfect and righteous ruler!

Day 8- Thankful for godly council, people who have run the race before me and share the lessons they learned. Women that take Titus 2 seriously.

Day 9- I am very thankful for my laptop!
It helped me connect with Patrick when he was miles away, ALL my school (including classes) have to done on here & most of my hobbies are on here...
Thank you Dad for your Christmas gift 3 years ago! ☺
 
 
 

Day 10- I am thankful for Saturdays at home. Sleep longer, do work, have fun, slow day, getting a lot done...yeah Saturdays are great! ☺

Day 11- for dinner on the grounds...they are sooo much fun!

Day 12- friends that you can turn to when you need them
 
 

Day 13- I am thankful for all my pets.
My wonderful dog Paxton that makes us laugh and walk him in a weather and my 4 birds. All of them have their personality and can be so silly and fun!

Day 14- I am thankful for the King James 1611 Bible - God's inspired Word to the World.

Day 15- I am thankful for running water in my house...
you know that's a real blessing and I definitely take that for granted! I'm glad I can shower every day and don't have to run to the outhouse.... ☺

Day 16- for yummy peanut butter cookies...fresh out of the oven. ☺♥

Day 17- people that love to sing with. People that love honoring the Lord with their voice.


Day 18- For a warm place to stay, a roof over my head, a bed to sleep on.

Day 19- Book Books Books. Though I am not to crazy about the books I have to read for classes I do enjoy reading. I have soooooooo many books that I waiting to read.

Day 20- A job. Its nothing big but gives me a little money in my pocket. A good thing with Christmas coming up....♥


Day 21- I am thankful for my family. Each of them has a special & different place in my heart. To each of them I can relate different, with each of them I can share a special part of my heart.

Thank you Mama, Oma, Uncle Mike, Dad & Loretta for being my family


Day 22- I am thankful for each and every one of you who follow my blog, visit me here and comment. I really enjoy "meeting" and getting to know new people! :)

Happy Thanksgiving my Friends

 
   



2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    Blessings~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Iris! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving me some love... Thought I would follow you back on your blogging journey!

    Ilda
    http://www.ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!