April 01, 2012

Pros and Cons of Long Distant Relationships

(Patrick)
This day two, years ago... bags were packed, I was sitting in a plane on my way to Germany... I did not know what lay before me but I was excited to see what the Lord had in store. I did not know that in just two days I was going to see the love of my life. I did not know that in just a few weeks a special friendship would start. I did not know that in just a few months I was going start courting the most beautiful girl in all the world, my one and only true love- IRIS!

We will tell about our first time seeing each other and when we were introduced next week. ☺

______________________

So have you ever wondered what it is like to be in a long distant relationship (LDR) ?

Long distant relationships are definitely not easy. They take a lot of work and there has to be commitment and trust on both sides. Too often long distant relationships do not work because one or the other wants an easier route. When Patrick and I started courting we had a normal relationship for three months but after that its been long distance. It is hard to be apart when you cannot even do simple things like eating together. We've been in a long distant relationship for almost 2 years and here are some pros and cons for we've gathered about LDR's:

PROS:
  • You get to skype ☺
  • You really prove love and commitment in your relationship
  • You see if the relationship is worth the struggle
  • You prove to be there in the good days and the bad (LDR)
  • You talk more in depth about different subjects because all you can do is talk

CONS
  • You can't really do anything together
  • No real dates
  • Families often don't know each other
  • There's a disagreement on where the wedding will take place.
  • You get jealous of people with normal relationships. ☺
  • You can't do any activities together.
  • Where will you live eventually?
  • You can't get to know how the other person acts in certain situations or around particular people.
  • The longer the LDR- you start running out of ideas.
  • Time difference takes away from the time you could spend together.
  • Family and Friends cannot get to know your loved one as well as you do. 
  • You cannot go to church with your loved one or do any church activities with them

These are a few pros and cons we came up with today. Though I wouldn't wish a LDR on anyone and  its been hard on us we definitely know it was worth any minute of it. They say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" which we both believe to be true. Our love to each other grows daily. Another beautiful LDR- quote that I like very much goes: "Distance is to love like wind is to fire... it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!